Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No-Bake Golden Cookie Bars


These bars are so easy, and nothing short of amazing!

I ate so many of them I couldn't eat lunch and wasn't hungry for dinner. But that didn't stop me from eating 2 lobsters I got at the farmers market for only $4 a pound!! I love lobster. And farmers markets. It's going to be really sad when summer is over and farmers markets are over... 

I spied these over at Cookies and Cups last week and have been dying to try them...do you ever see a recipe, and you just feel in your heart you need to make them? That's what I felt with these bars and they did NOT disappoint! They're a cross between a  bar and fudge...you need them, I tell you!



Golden Cookie Bars
Adapted from Cookies and Cups

2 1/2 cups (or 30 cookies) golden oreos or other vanilla sandwich cookie
1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
10 oz (a tad more than 1 1/2 cups) white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips for garnish (optional, but strongly suggested)

In a Ziploc bag, crush cookies with rolling pin until in crumbs and small chunks.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate. Stir frequently until smooth.
In a large bowl, mix together cookie crumbs and white chocolate mixture.
Let cool for 5ish minutes before mixing in chocolate chips.
Press into prepared pan, and press the other 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top into cookie mixture. (If you want)
Chill in freezer for about 30 minutes before cutting and enjoy this amazingness!







No comments:

Post a Comment