Saturday, December 31, 2011

Knock You Naked Brownies


Happy New Years Eve, Eve!!!



I've been doing a  little cooking/baking today for a pre-new years eve party we're going to tonight. And normally, I am not the type of person to bring brownies to a party. 






I mean, hello. BO-RING.





But I was doing my daily stalking of all my favorite food bloggers to see what ingenious ideas they came up with that I can copy and take all the credit for, when..........I found these. These brownies, that are soooo good. They will, in fact, knock. you. naked.





What does knock you naked mean, you ask?



I don't know.



But what I do know, is that you will be naked after eating these.



Because your clothes won't fit. 



But that's not a bad thing....what better excuse to go shopping for a new wardrobe???!!!


I'm genius. Stick with me.








The only bad thing about this recipe, is that you are supposed to wait to eat them cause they need to be refrigerated for a couple hours.






Buuuut, since I hate waiting for yummy deliciousness, I took a big scoop outta the pan, hot from the oven.




Best thing I ever did.






The choice is yours.




Knock You Naked Brownies
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

1 box (18.5 oz.) Devil's Food cake mix
1 Cup finely chopped Pecans
1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk (additional)
1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
60 Whole Caramels, unwrapped
1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, pecans, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, melted butter.
Stir together until combined well- the mixture will be very thick!

Press half the mixture into a very well-greased 9x9 inch square baking pan.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove pan from oven and set aside.

In a pan on the stovetop on low heat, melt caramels with additional 1/2 cup evaportaed milk.
When melted and combined, pour over brownie base.
Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over caramel.
Turn out remaining brownie dough onto a work surface and using your hands, press into a square a little smaller than the pan.
Set it  on top of the caramel and chocolate chip layer.

Bake 20-25 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
When cooled, transfer to refrigerator for a couple hours so caramel can set.
When ready to serve, coat generously with powdered sugar.
Cut into 9-12 servings. Or be a pig like me and cut into 6.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Did I miss these last night? That's what I get for not following your blog more closely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look ridiculously yummy and I want some in my mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i agree brownies are boring but these don't look boring Bailey...Nan For some reason this computer signs me as ruthiem...but it's me Nan.

    ReplyDelete