Saturday, January 19, 2013

Gingerbread Muffins


I just love gingerbread and gingersnaps. But I despise ginger. Make sense?

Yesterday the craving for gingerbread with whipped cream came upon me...I happened to have some molasses on hand and whipped cream! It was fate.

Instead of doing my regular gingerbread cake type thing that I normally make, I thought muffins would be a good idea. Why, you ask? Cause muffins are very cute.

You will love this gingerbread recipe- It has a lot of flavor, and calls for a whole cup of molasses, which I adore. Molasses is wonderful.



Gingerbread Muffins
Yield: 16- 18 muffins

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 cup very hot water

Pre-heat oven to 350.
Grease a muffin tin.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
Scrape down sides of the bowl and add in egg, mix well and slowly pour in molasses.
All at once add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
Mix everything together. 
Pour in water and mix on low until well combined.
Evenly divide the batter into the muffin tin, filling about 3/4.

Bake for 16-20 minutes, Or until the top gently springs back when you touch them.

Top with whipped cream and ground cinnamon for decor.



Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment