Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Donuts


Weekends make me happy...

I'm not sure why though since my husband works Saturdays, and the weekend is like every other day for me since I'm a stay at home mom.
There's just something so exciting about the thought of it being Friday night and Saturday! Usually, I like to do nothing on Saturdays....Just do a little snuggle time with my munchkin, have a lot of cups of coffee, watch tv, bake some treats to have with my many cups of coffee, stay in my jammies til right before my husband gets home...that sort of thing.

Today, was the opposite of that.

I suppose you could call me supermom/person.

I did so much today, starting with a 30 minute work out video, and a 2 mile run.
Then, I did 4 loads of laundry, vacuumed my whole house, washed all the floors (moved all the furniture to clean under....yeah, I CLEANED.), gave my baby girl a bath....oh, and this was all before 10:30 am....and that's just the beginning....I wont bore you with the details of everything I did the rest of the day....

AND did I mention I didn't really sleep last night? It was a very aggravating night. I kept waking up every hour, and then at 5am, my body decided it was time to start the day. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed! 

Okay lets not push it. I was awake.

I figured out why I didn't sleep though....did I mention I got a donut pan testerday?!?!
I thought about it aaaall night, and what kind of delicious donuts I would make. Obviously pumpkin was at the top of the list. Have I ever mentioned also how much I LOVE pumpkin?

If it was a man, my husband never would have stood a chance.

So, the problem is.....now that I know how easy these babies are, and now that I know how amazingly delicious they are, I will be making them way too often. Good thing I own lots of sweatpants.
Add your wet ingredients together.


add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients.
Mix just until combined....Don't over mix!!!

After 11 minutes of baking they came out perfect!


a little glaze action



Pumpkin Donuts
For the donuts:
1 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp.vanilla extract
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk

preheat oven to 350.
Grease your donut pan very well. I used lots of cooking spray.

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.

Mix oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin together very well.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix JUST until combined. You DO NOT want to overmix.

Using either a pastry bag, or a ziploc bag with the corner cut off, fill the donut compartments almost all the way full.
Bake 11-13 minutes. Or until they spring back when you touch them.

Let sit in the pan for a minute, then flip them out onto a cooking rack.

For the Glaze:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup buttermilk (or sour cream, which is what I used.)
3 or 4 tablespoons of milk, If you are using sour cream.
1/2 tsp. vanilla 

Mix glaze until very smooth.

Glaze the donuts while they are still warm. Put back on cooling rack to allow excess glaze to drip off.
Enjoy! :)





2 comments:

  1. They were amazing!! Mike would agree since he at the last THREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to make these...esp. to try to make a Gluten free version for Joel! It looks like the dough was more of a batter, which gives me hope that it will work. The only thing is...I am not sure I want to invest in a doughnut pan quite yet....and I am not sure you will let yours out of your sight. Hmmmmm.....if you see me leaving you house with an unusual lump under my jacket, and it is not the baby, just look the other way........

    ReplyDelete