Sunday, October 21, 2012

Antipasto Bake


I made this last week for dinner....Now remember, it's just me and my husband and our 14 month old daughter...

This stuff didn't even last 24 hours.

We LOVED it! 

I've been doing this new rating system thing, where I ask my husband what he thinks of our meals on a scale of 1-10. This way I know if I should waste my time making the dish again or just throw it in the trash....I don't usually have a thick enough skin for these types of things, but I figured I would give it a try anyways.

This antipasto stuff was a 9.

Meaning it was pretty great..............I HIGHLY suggest you make this for your man. If I have learned nothing else since I have been cooking for my husband, it's that men love simple food. With a lot of meat. And cheese. They don't care how it's made- so long as it's hearty and flavory.



Antipasto Bake
adapted from tidy-mom

2 cans crescent dinner rolls
1/4 lb. thinly sliced ham
1/4-1/2 lb. provolone cheese
1/4 lb. swiss cheese
1/4 thin sliced salami
1/4 lb. pepperoni
3 eggs
4 tbsp. parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. black pepper


  • Pre-heat oven to 350.
  • Layer 1 can crescent rolls in a greased 9x13" pan. 
  • Layer the meats and cheese on the dough.
  • Beat the eggs, parmesan cheese and pepper, and evenly pour 3/4 of the mixture over the meat and cheese.
  • Place the second layer of dough over everything, and with your hand spread the remaining egg and cheese mixture over the the crescent dough.
  • Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 25 minutes.
  • Remove foil, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until dough is puffy, risen, and golden brown!

Enjoy! You will love this and your husband will love it even more! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment