Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle



I love the holidays.






I love everything about them...The family, the food, the reason why we celebrate what we celebrate, the sitting around the wood stove in my parents living room after we have eaten waaaay too much, the playing of the games with my massively massive family, the going in for second desserts after our around the wood stove nap and we don't feel like we are going to burst anymore..............Everything.






We always have waaay too much dessert. If there was even such a thing.
And I always tell myself every year after I am stuffed beyond recognition that I am never ever ever eating again.




And the next morning I swear I am going to eat super healthy for awhile to undo the sugar hangover I am experiencing.






Until I go to the fridge and see that extra dessert, just begging me to eat it for breakfast.






Don't tell me this doesn't happen to you.






Well, I'm going to share one of the too many desserts I made for Christmas day.


Prepare to die and go to chocolate peanut butter lover's heaven. Even if you aren't a pb/choc. fan, you will still die. My soon to be sister in-law doesn't even like peanut butter and she did. 

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle


-A batch of your favorite brownies, from a box, or scratch. (9x13" pan)
-Chocolate Pudding, either from a box, or scratch. I used this recipe. (use a recipe that serves at least 4)
-1 bag of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
-1 Large Container of Cool Whip
-1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
-1 Cup Powdered Sugar
-2 Tbsp milk
-8 oz. package Cream Cheese




Make your brownies. While they are baking, make your pudding.
While your brownies and pudding are cooling, make your peanut butter mousse.


To make Mousse:
Combine cream cheese and peanut butter with electric mixer, and beat very well until smooth, scraping sides of the bowl often.
Beat in powdered sugar until well combined.Fold in Cool Whip.


Assembling the trifle:
Layer half the brownies on bottom of trifle dish.
Spread half the pudding over the brownies.
Spread half the mousse over pudding.
Spread half the Cool Whip over the mousse, then sprinkle with half the Reeses.
Repeat to the top of the dish.
Ta-da!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment