Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Snickers Pie



I apologize for the horrible picture quality.

I took this on thanksgiving, during the mad rush for everyone to get their dessert....No one was allowed to eat their dessert until I got pictures of everything. I held up the dessert eating process for a good 10 minutes. And in dessert land in my family, that's pretty close to an eternity.

(I just said 'dessert' 4 times in 1 paragraph. I didn't even know that was possible.)

But, it was worth the 10 minute wait. Because this pie stuff is amazing. I wouldn't be sharing it with you if it wasn't.

I mean really....the crust is just one big peanut butter cookie. yeah, I went there. And it was probably one of the greatest things I have ever done in my life.

oh, and it just so happens to be gluten and dairy FREE. For all the allergy prone dears in your family, which in my case is my mother and one of my younger brothers.

Except I don't think Snickers are 100% dairy free............

but whatever. They ate it, and didn't die.
Any sort of candy can be used in this. I'm pretty sure Reeses would be amazing, and any other chocolate based candy.

SO, if you're looking for brownie points with your gf/df buddies, this WILL earn you lots, and if you're looking for brownie points with your non-allergy buddies, you will still earn lots of them. This stuff is just SO DARN GOOD.





Peanut Butter Snickers Pie


Ingredients:
For the Filling:
1 Large Tub of Whipped Topping
Vanilla pudding (homemade or boxed, I did homemade so it would be dairy free....and homemade tastes waaaay better)
A ton of mini Snickers (I think I did 15ish)


For the crust:
1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Egg


Vanilla Pudding:
2 Cups Milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 Tsp salt
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Butter

First, pre-heat your oven to 375.
Then make your pudding:
Heat the milk over medium heat, until bubbles form around the edges.
In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt, and pour into milk a little at a time, making sure it dissolves.
Continue mixing constantly til mixture thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon.
Do not bring to a boil.
Remove from heat, and add in the butter and vanilla.

Let the pudding cool, and while it's cooling, make your crust.

To make the crust, combine all ingredients very well. Press into greased poupie plate and bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes.

While your crust is baking and your pudding is finishing cooling, chop up your tons of snickers.
Mix them into your cooled pudding, then fold the tub of whipped topping into it, very gently. Its okay if it's not 100% combined.

When your crust is completely cooled, pour filling into it.

Freeze until hard, and then thaw for 20 minutes before serving.

(again, I apologize for the pictures!)

But enjoy the food!!


No comments:

Post a Comment