Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Filling



I know I should be posting recipes about winter and magical stuff with Christmas right around the corner....But secretly, I don't want fall to end. ever.




Fall makes me happy.




And so does pumpkin.




I mean, really, who says pumpkin is only a fall food?! I am going to take a stand!


Figuratively and literally.....Cause I need to refill my coffee mug.




Same thing with peppermint and mocha. Like we can ONLY enjoy those flavors in the winter. 




what.ever. 




That's like saying you can only paint your nails pink on tuesdays.




I'm sick of it. 




Pumpkin lovers, take a stand for what you believe in (related to food), make this bread, and may you live a long, orange filled life, no matter what the season!


oh, and this recipe makes 3 loaves. So spread some incredible pumpkin holiday cheer to your neighbors.





Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Maple Filling




For the Filling:
-2, 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
-1/4 C. Sugar
-1 Egg
-1 Tbsp. milk
-1 Tsp. Maple syrup


Whip all ingredients together til light and fluffy.


For the Bread:
-3 C. Sugar
-1 Can Solid Pack Pumpkin
-1 C. Canola oil (I used 2 cups Applesauce instead and it came out amazing!)
-1 C. Water
-4 Eggs
-4 C. All Purpose Flour
-2 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
-2 Tsp. Allspice
-1 Tsp. Cinnamon
-1/4 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
-1 tsp. Salt
-2 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 C. chopped pecans
-1/2 C. chopped walnuts ( I didn't have walnuts, so I just did 3/4 C Pecans)
-1 C. raisins (optional, I didn't put them in)


In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil (or applesauce), water and eggs.

In another bowl, Mix the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Gradually stir in dry ingredients to wet. Don't over mix!

Stir in the Nuts/raisins.

Pour half the batter into very well greased 8x5 loaf pans.
Spoon cream cheese filling over batter, spread gently with a spoon.
Spoon remaining batter over the filling to cover completely.


Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then remove from the pan to a cooling rack...BE PATIENT with the bread! I was not and took it out of the pan too soon and the cream cheese filling almost fell out. It was a disaster.
Store in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap.


It is supposed to look a lot prettier, but due to my impatience, this is the mess I got. But what a delicious mess it was.

oooooh my deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment