Wednesday, December 21, 2011

3 Layer Pumpkin Cake


I don't care that its not fall anymore.


I will continue to share the best ever pumpkin recipes all year around til the day I die.


And when I say best ever, I mean.....Best EVER. Such as things like this cake. It is the greatest pumpkin cake in the history of great pumpkin cakes.




I would know. I am a pumpkin expert. Bet you didn't know that about me.




We had some friends over last night and I made this for dessert. I was trying to be polite, so I only had one piece, cause otherwise, I would have eaten the whole thing. No joke. 


And I was SO full. It was one of those times I wish I was a cow. I envy cows and other 7 stomachs. They have 7, right?


Don't tell me you don't wish you had more than one stomach.....




The thing with this cake that really makes it amazing is letting the caramel on top soak in, 
HOLY DELICIOUSNESS.





And it is one of the easiest cakes in the universe.....But it looks so darn fancy!






Oh, and try to not eat all your frosting. 




Triple Layer Pumpkin Cake


Cake:
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin, divided
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup applesauce
4 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg


Filling:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Whipped topping


Topping:
1/2 Cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 Cup chopped pecans


 
Preheat oven to 350.

Prepare 3 round cake pans by greasing and flouring.

Combine:
-Cake mix, 1 cup of pumpkin, milk, applesauce, eggs, 1 tsp. of cinnamon and dash of nutmeg. Mix very well.
-Divide cake mix evenly between 3 pans.
-Bake for 12-15 minutes in pre-heated oven. DO NOT over bake. 
-Remove Pans to wire racks and let cook COMPLETELY.

-While waiting for your cakes to cool, make filling.
-Place cream cheese in an electric beater, and beat until creamy.
-Add in confectioners sugar the rest of the pumpkin, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg.
-Fold in Cool Whip by hand until completely blended.
-Try to keep your fingers out of it.

When Cakes are cooled, place bottom layer on a plate/cake stand. Spread half of filling over bottom layer.
Place second layer on top of that and spread remaining filling. I like a lot of filling on my cake, but if it's too much for you, then I would recommend eating the rest out of the bowl with a spoon.
Top with caramel and pecans.
DEVOUR and try to tell me it's not one of the best pumpkin cakes you ever had.



Enjoy!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment