Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Butterscotch Marshmallow to-die-for-even-if-you're-not-a-butterscotchfan- Blondies


Yesterday was a bad day.



I had a MOUNTAIN of laundry on my bed that had been growing over the weekend, but for some reason, I just couldn't get it folded and put away. It seemed like every time I started to head for the bedroom, or at lease START on the mountain, something would call me away....



I was annoyed.



If you know anything about me, you know that I despise disorder. It literally eats at me, and makes me sooooo grumpy. More grumpy than the grumpiest thing you ever saw.



But, there are occasional days (like yesterday) where I can't seem to get anything done.....I had a screaming, teething baby, floors that needed to be washed, dishes that needed to be done, laundry that needed attacking, a bathroom that needed desperate attention, and groceries that needed to be bought. 



But I just stood there. Not knowing where to begin. 




If I was mature and stuff, I would tell you that I put on my cleaning tunes, and got to work!!



But instead, I made food. Sugar-y food.



Desperately hoping my hard-working, hungry husband wouldn't come home to me baking not dinner stuff when the house needed some serious TLC, and 'the mountain' was still in dire need of attention.



Oh, and did I mention my lovely daughter decided to have a diaper explosion ALL OVER MY BED?!!? yeah, that was cool. ( Don't worry, the laundry wasn't on my bed when this happened.)




I didn't get to washing that mess til about 5 in the evening. 



But for reals, sometimes I wonder how I am married-  who said I was mature enough for such things... nevermind running a household and taking care of a baby!!



I feel like I'm losing my mind half the time....




I'm pretty sure the only thing that went smoothly was the baking of some delicious things. 
Like these Butterscotch, chocolatey, marshmellow melty things.


They. Are. Good.
So so good.




And I'm not even a fan of butterscotch too much, but the original title of these babies was 'Disappearing Marshmallow Blondies', So I had to give them a try.




Butterscotch Marshmallow Blondies
adapted from: Sweet Treats and More

1 Bag Butterscotch Chips
1 Stick Butter
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose Flour
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Vanilla 
2 Eggs
2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips 

Heat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 inch pan with tin foil and grease. 

In a saucepan over low-medium heat, melt butterscotch together with butter, constantly stirring til smooth.

Remove from heat, and transfer to an electric mixing bowl.

When fairly cool, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs all at once to the butterscotch mixture. 


When blended, mix in the marshmallows and chips.



Try not to eat all the dough.


Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.


Bake for 25 minutes. 


Cool before cutting and eating...Or, If you're impatient like I always am, cut right in, and burn your mouth. 

Not that I did that (again) or anything.


Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment