Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Avocado Egg White Salad


I'm too tired to write about anything special.


So sorry.




After a long day of cleaning, unpacking, getting the baby back on her schedule, cooking and all the other 'home from vacation stuff', I just want to do nothing except be in my pj's, watching American Idol. And I'm doing exactly that.


Although vacation is nice, and we had the best time in the universe in gorgeous, sunny North Carolina, It's nice to be home cooking in my own kitchen, doing laundry in my own washer,  relaxing on my own couch, and SLEEPING IN MY OWN BED!


I love and missed my bed.




Tonight for dinner, I wanted to keep things simple and healthy after all the crazy, not too healthy eating we did this past week.




I made mashed potatoes, a Greek/Lebanese salad, corn on the cob and this salad I'm about to share with you...Except I threw in some grilled chicken and we had it in a wrap. And it was SO YUMMY I almost died.




Here ya go!:


Avocado Egg White Salad
adapted from:Sweet Treats and More

Makes 4 wraps


5 Eggs
1 Avocado
2 Chicken Breasts
4 Tsp. Light Mayo, or Smart Balance Mayo (which I used)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
1/8 - 1/4 Tsp Dill (adjust to taste)
4 Wraps, if desired
Lettuce (optional)


Cover eggs in water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts til about 1/2 inch thick.
Cook in frying pan coated with cooking spray on medium high for 5 minutes, or until browned.
Flip over, and cook on medium high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes.


When eggs are cooked, rinse with cold water so you don't burn your hands and peel.
Cut peeled eggs in half, remove yolks, and cut up egg egg whites into quarters.
Place in a bowl, and cut up avocado into desired sized chunks, placing in bowl with egg whites.
Toss in Mayo, salt, pepper and dill.
Mix well.
Toss in chicken if desired.


Serve with either lettuce, cheddar cheese cubes mixed in, or whatever your heart fancies.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment