Monday, May 21, 2012

Rustic Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Bread


There is something so therapeutic about just sitting on the couch, looking through a cook book.

A good friend of mine recently gave me this HUGE cookbook that just came out, and everything in it looks so amazing, I want to make it all.

We all know how I adore all things with the word 'pumpkin' in them, and one night I was making cookies for our neighbor who has been helping us with our bathroom renovations, and it just made sense that while I had the oven on anyway I should bake something for breakfast the next morning, since we had nothing in the house.
Well, nothing according to my husband.
He won't bother with anything that takes more than 2 minutes to prepare. Okay, 2 minutes is a bit long. More like 2 seconds. Which is why I always always have loads of cereal in the house, the ultimate 2 second meal.

But it's one of those little quirks about him that I love. It keeps me in a job!

Anyways. Where was I going with all that?

Ah, yes- pumpkin bread.

So I saw this loaded up pumpkin bread recipe and the picture looked awesome, and if things have a good picture, I'm sold. Plus I had everything needed to make this awesomeness...So I did!

It was, indeed, AWESOME! So, this was friday night I made the bread? Today is monday- it's goner than gone!

The crumb topping definitely sets this stuff apart from normal pumpkin bread, and the pecans are optional, but I very strongly suggest you put them in!!





Rustic Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Bread
Pre-heat oven to 350.

1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup pumpkin from a can
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips

Topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup  packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. cold butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans

In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until well blended.
Combine the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and gradually add to pumpkin mixture.
Mix in pecans and chocolate chips.
Transfer to a greased 9x5 in. loaf pan.

For the topping, in a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans.
Sprinkle over batter.
Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan onto a cooling rack.






Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment