Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Super Moist and Perfect Banana Bread (and Ice Cream Sandwiches!)


Today is one of those rainy days that is perfect for being lazy, drinking coffee, watching tv, snuggling with the little munchkin and baking!
Actually, after you do all of those things, it no longer is a lazy day.
I didn't even include the taking a shower (completely optional) feeding yourself, and refilling your coffee mug part!


One of the things I made Sunday morning was banana bread. I love baking things on Sunday morning so my husband has something yummy smelling (and hopefully tasting) to wake up to since it's the only morning he's home...
I love this recipe, too cause you beat the sugar and egg for 10 minutes on high with a whisk so they get all light and fluffy...It makes a huge difference in the end result! It's moist, yet light and SO flavorful, due to the extra cinnamon I like to add and a whole tablespoon of vanilla. My go-to recipe!

I hope you're having a wonderful, cozy, rainy day :)


Super Moist and Perfect Banana Bread
Pre-heat oven to 350.
Grease and flour a 9x13" bread pan.

1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup + 2 tbsp. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 1/2 mashed, very ripe bananas
2 tbsp. sour cream
1 tbsp. vanilla

Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

In an electric mixer, combine sugar and eggs. Beat on high for 10 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Drizzle in oil while mixing on low.
When combined, add in bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
Stop mixer, and fold in by hand flour mixture.

Pour into loaf pan and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.

I baked mine for 45 minutes, cause there is nothing worse than overbaked banana bread!

And then.....

You make this:



You need to do it!!!!

And, it would be even better if you did it with this:

Holy yum.

Don't knock it til you try it- I just wish you could lick the screen and taste what I'm talking about.


They're best fresh from the freezer...



Happy Tuesday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment