Thursday, September 20, 2012

Key Lime Cake Batter Truffles


I know this is totally not a fall dessert. It's more of a 'thank goodness it's summer' type of dessert...

Sorry.

But I'm pretty sure you'll get over it once you taste these.

I was messing around with this cute little bottle of lime extract I got a few months ago, when the idea for some sort of truffle hit me. Except I had no graham crackers, so a key lime pie truffle type thing wasn't gonna happen.



Have you ever had cake batter truffles?! I made them awhile back- I can't eat less then 5 at one time. They are super.

Why not throw in some lime?

These were refreshing, sweet-but-not-to-sweet, and just so yummy.

I love truffles...they make me weak, they make me lose all self control, and they're so cute!

Key Lime Cake Batter Truffles
yield: 40-50 truffles


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4-1/2 tsp. key lime extract (mine is very strong and condensed, so depending on what kind you have you will need more or less. Adjust to taste.)

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
3-4 Tbsp. milk
Green Sprinkles

Coating:
1 bag white chocolate chips
4 Tbsp. shortening
4 Tbsp. yellow cake mix

In an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together.
Add in extract and mix well
On low, mix in flour, cake mix and milk as needed to form a dough.
Throw in as many sprinkles as you want!
Roll dough into little 3/4 inch balls.
Place on a wax paper lined pan or plate and freeze for a few minutes while you make the coating.

In a heatproof bowl, melt white chips with shortening at 30second intervals stirring very well in between.
When chocolate is smooth, stir in cake mix.
Remove truffles from freezer, dip in coating with a fork, and place back on wax paper. Sprinkle with sprinkles!






No comments:

Post a Comment