Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Reeses Puff Krispies


Yesterday afternoon I went to the farmers market and bought things for the first time ever!

Have you ever been to a farmers market?

Man.....I easily dropped $60 in things I never even knew I needed... Like Carrot Cake Jelly!

???!!!

There are no words. We ate half the jar last night. Also, we got some local honey, maple syrup, and tons of fresh produce...It was one of the most fun things I have ever done in my life. This one lady was selling fresh cherry tomatoes that she had picked THAT MORNING and let me just say, I will never buy cherry tomatoes from the grocery store again...

Safe to say I'm a farmers market person now.

Also, my mom has a stand at this particular market selling yummy goodies and organic/vegan soaps and such, and ever since she started participating, I feel really strongly about helping out our community and supporting local entrepreneurs.

Plus, everything is SO GOOD!

Last night I made pancakes for dinner so we could test out our syrup, honey and jelly...We ate all the pancakes, and were also soaking some bread I had in the goodness....

I feel like it's so easy to be inspired to eat healthy and fresh and local when you're outside at the market. And then you get home, and real life sets in. As in you start to want something unhealthy and peanut-buttery.


I present to you, the Reeses Puff Krispie, and they are super!!!



Reeses Puff Krispies
1/4 cup butter
1, 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
4 cups reeses puffs cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1 bag chocolate chips, divided

In a medium saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low until smooth.
Stir in Peanut butter.
Add in cereal and mix until well combined and evenly coated.
Sprinkle in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix.

Press into whatever sized pan lined with lightly greased wax paper. (Depending on desired thickness)
Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.

In a bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips VERY carefully at 20 second intervals. If you are afraid it might size, add a couple tablespoons of butter or shortening.

When chocolate  is completely smooth, pour over krispies, and spread evenly.

Pop back in the fridge for at least another 30 minutes before cutting.

Enjoy!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment