Saturday, July 28, 2012

Blueberry Peach Crisp



I am loving all this summery fresh fruit stuff going on these days. 
When I did the grocery shopping this week there were these beautiful peaches I had to buy. I felt like I needed to make peach crisp... 
Today, my husband had to work, which is a major whomp on a saturday...so me and the baby girl were just lounging around this morning, when I decided it was the perfect time for some peach crisp- for breakfast!
But wait. It gets better. 


I threw in a bunch of juicy, fresh blueberries. 


Does any one not like crisp? Any kind...apple, pear, plum, strawberry rhubarb...SO GOOD.


I served myself up some with a big dollup of whipped cream and It was the best choice I ever made. Today, at least.






Blueberry Peach Crisp
-heat oven to 375


Filling:
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
6 peaches ( I didn't bother peeling mine, and it made no difference to me)
2 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice






Topping:
3/4 cup oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup pecans


In a large bowl, mix the filling ingredients together very well.
Pour into a large pie plate.
For the topping, combine all ingredients in a large bowl (I just re-used the same bowl for the topping) and cut in the butter with a fork.
Sprinkle over the filling.






Bake for 45 minutes.






Best when served warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment