Monday, July 9, 2012

Turtle Cookies



My computer has been broken for the past week, so I haven't been able to post anything I've been working on and it has been killing me!


I made these cookies last saturday to bring to church for the fellowship time afterwards on Sunday...As I was finishing up making them, my husband had one, and said to me "Do we have to bring them all?? These are amazing!".


Indeed, they are. 


They're really pretty simple too...I suggest you make them.






Turtle Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans


For the Caramel Drizzle:
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 heavy whipping cream
1/2 confectioners sugar


For the Chocolate Drizzle:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. shortening or butter


In a large bowl beat butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt gradually and add to creamed mixture.


Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll into pecans. You might have to press them into the cookie dough a little.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking pan, and flatten slightly. Don't skimp on the pecans!


Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Cool for 2 minutes before removing the a wire rack to cool completely before drizzling.


In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and cream to a boil.
Remove from heat, and whisk in confectioners sugar.
Immediately drizzle over the cookies.
In the microwave melt chocolate and butter in 20 second intervals, mixing very well each time til smooth. I found 2 intervals was enough!


Drizzle chocolate over caramel drizzle on cookies. Let stand until set and store in an airtight container.



Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment