Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oatmeal Everything Cookies


I love things with chunks and fun things in them.

Ice cream: The more going on in it, the better...none of this soft serve, smooth stuff.

Cookies: Load 'em up! I love biting in to different flavors and textures in a nice, chewy, hot from the oven cookie!

Bread: I'm all about cinnamon swirl bread, cinnamon rolls, dinner rolls with herbs and cheese...

Dinner: When I make a meal, you will never EVER just get one dish with one flavor. There's always lots of fun stuff going on in your mouth and I make at least 2 side dishes to go with the main course.
Things like boxes of mac n' cheese and Campbell's tomato soup are banned from my kitchen.



I guess it's my personality. I get bored real easy, and like changing things up.

Like I re-arrange my kitchen at least every 2 weeks....and i'm constantly moving things in our house so my poor husband dear is confused about who's house he is in on a weekly basis.


So I've been wanting to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for awhile now....and when I was grocery shopping last week, I saw these babies:
and thought...how crazy good would they be in oatmeal cookies?? Throw some dried cherries in there with chocolate chips and I'm pretty sure they would be the ultimate.

So I did all 3 of those things. And they were.

(the ultimate, that is.)

Perfectly chewy, not the least bit cakey, and nice and thick with loads of flavor! Just the way I like :)

Oatmeal Everything Cookies
Pre-heat oven to 350.

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 1 cup Raisinets
Cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.

Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, and on low speed add to the butter mixture stirring just til combined.

By hand, fold in oats, chocolate chips, cherries, and raisinets.

Roll into inch sized balls, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Edges should be lightly browned and middles may look slightly under done. Let cool for 3ish minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment