Friday, April 27, 2012

Giant Double Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies (Therapy for a bad day)



Being a mom is hard.

I never ever ever ever thought It would be this difficult. No one told me about how naughty 8 month olds can be!

Some people look so smooth, and like they have it all together, like motherhood just happens and it's not a big deal. I am NOT one of those people.

I get waaay too stressed out too easy, I am an over perfectionist, and don't have that much patience.


The past few days have been especially hard since I've been working with my daughter on sleeping. She hates sleeping...I happen to love it. It causes issues.

It hasn't really bothered me too much, you know, it's not like she is going to be like this forever...but today it hit me, I'm not really enjoying her right now at this point in her life cause there are a few things we spoiled her with from the beginning that now we are having to train out of her. Like  through the night....actually, just sleeping at all during the night for more than an hour at a time.
When she was brand new and fresh from the hospital, and would wake up during the night, we would just bring her in bed with us and let her stay there for the rest of the night.

But, as she grew, she started to take over the whole bed, and her sleeping patterns got worse. She would sometimes wake up at 2am ready to play when my poor husband would have to be up at 5 for work...
Sometimes he would just sleep in the guest room or on the couch, but seriously? This should not be happening!

As of last night she is in her own room, and I slept in there with her in the guest bed just to keep an eye on her. You know, first time parent nerves stuff. I don't think I got more than an hour or two of sleep...and we were up at 5:30 am. Yuck.

So, as you can probably guess, this whole 'train your child to sleep thing' is exhausting and frustrating. As of right now, I'm listening to her cry herself to sleep. UGH.


One of my dear friends was having a yucky day too, today...



It was a giant chocolate cookie kind of day. 


So I made the hugest, chocolate-iest cookies there ever were and brought them over. WOW.

SO GOOD!

Especially eaten with an amazing cup of coffee- I'm salivating thinking about it. Sorry for that image.

Giant Double Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Makes 12-14 cookies. (If you decide to make them smaller (Why??) reduce cooking time accordingly.)
Pre-heat oven to 350.

1 Cup (2 sticks) cold butter, cut in cubes
1 1/4 Cup sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup dark cocoa powder
2 1/4 Cups flour
1/4 Tsp. Course salt
1 Tsp. bakine powder
2 1/2 cups semi- sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, all together.

Lightly grease baking sheet.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy for 2-3 minutes.
Add in eggs, one at a time, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
Mix in cocoa powder until well blended.
Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl with mixer on low, just until incorporated.
Fold in choc. and PB chips by hand.
Roll dough into approximately 4 oz. portions. If you don't have a kitchen scale, think the size of a mandarin orange.
Flatten slightly and place on prepared cooking sheet a few inches apart.
Bake (depending on the size you made them) 11-18 minutes.
Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Enjoy, fresh out of the oven! That's when they're best.


If you eat them later on in the day, or the next day, I HIGHLY recommend microwaving for 15-20 seconds to re-create the fresh from the oven thing. SO GOOD!



HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment