Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie



I know.






I post too much about peanut butter. I would say I'm sorry...but I'm not. It's just too perfect of an invention. Actually, I used to hate peanut butter believe it or not. H-A-T-E it.






But, then again, I also used to hate anything that wasn't cheese, pizza, omlets, Doritos and chocolate.


That's all the food groups, right?






But then, I woke up one morning, and decided to give PB another go............and since then...........things have changed.






I now eat it, straight from the jar. Throw in a few chocolate chips, and you have a meal + dessert in one.






My poor husband doesn't stand a chance when this combo is around.




But let me take you to a whole new, different wonderful level of happiness with this pie. It is the perfect combo of sweet, salty and chocolate-y. But not too chocolate-y. Like there even was such a thing!




Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie

Pre-heat oven to 350.

For the Crust: 
2ish Cups pretzels, broken up
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
5 Tbsp. Melted Butter

Blend the pretzels until they are fine crumbs.
Add in the brown sugar and blend till combined well.


Dump Pretzels and Sugar into a bowl, and mix in melted butter very well.
Press into the bottom of a greased pie plate, and bake for 10 minutes in pre-heated oven.



While Crust is baking, Make your Filling!



For the Filling:
4 oz. Cream Cheese
3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 Tbsp. very soft butter (yes, this DOES make a difference!)
2 Cups Cool Whip

Swirl:
1/4 Cup Nutella
A little Extra Cool Whip

Whip Cream Cheese in electric mixer til fluffy and smooth.
Add in PB and butter and Mix until very well combined and very smooth.
Fold in Cool Whip until completely combined.
Pour Mixture into your pie crust, when it is completely cooled.
Mix your Nutella and extra Cool Whip together, and swirl in the top of your pie. It will look super pretty and taste so yummy. Have you ever had Nutella and Cool Whip together? 

*heavenly*

Freeze, and when ready to serve, let thaw for 15 minutes before you dive in an die of happiness.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment