Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gooey Carnutty, Chocolate Oatmeal Bars


I have been hit with the flu, and my baby girl has had a horrible cold for the past few days....So I don't really want to look at food and we've just been laying low and having lots of snuggle time. I'm enjoying the snuggle time, but my super active, thinks she can do everything big girls can, 5 month old would rather wiggle and try to sit up instead of snuggle with boring old mom.






She is a trooper though. She is so miserable, yet she tries so hard to be a happy girl.




So....
I made these bars a few days ago before we got hit with this awful sickness and totally forgot to blog about them! They are sure to be a Drouin favorite from now on. Seriously, when I had my husband test taste these, he had no words.




Speechless...That's what I aim for.






And he's a pretty honest guy. He'll tell me if something is bad or gross.






Yes, my feelings get hurt sometimes.






But not this time! Im pretty sure he said something like I won the best wife in the universe award for making these.......so be the best wife/girlfriend/daughter and make them for the man in your life.



Gooey Carnutty Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Pre-heat oven to 350

For the Crust:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
3 Tbsp. milk
1 Cup peanut butter
1 Cup Oats
Combine all ingredients with hands. Mixture will be crumbly.


Press all but 1 Cup of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.


For the filling:
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese
1 (12 1/4 oz.) Jar Caramel ice cream topping
1 (11.5 oz) chocolate chips
1 Cup Salted Peanuts

Place cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until fluffy.
Add in jar of caramel sauce....the whoooole thing!
Beat together til smooth and creamy.

Pour over your crust.


Then evenly sprinkle your bag of chocolate chips, peanuts, and remaining cup of crust mixture.


Bake for 30 minutes.
Til it looks like this:

Then cut into 24 squares. or 12.... I did 12.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for this the other day!!! I figured the sickness kept you away from blogging though! I'm happy you feel good enough to post this though :)

    ReplyDelete