Thursday, January 12, 2012

Coconut Truffles (for my pumpkins 5 month birthday!)


My baby girl is 5 months today and it's freaking me out.



Maybe I'm freaking cause that means next month she'll be a whopping 6 months old!!!! 1/2 a year!!!!
aaaaahhhhhhhh.



As much as I want her to grow up and crawl, and sit up by herself, learn to talk, and all that stuff....I also always want her to be my little baby :(



But. I am taking advantage of this opportunity to make something delicious.
In my house, there is always an excuse/reason to celebrate with yummy things!



So in honor of you, my pumpkin-head: The Amazing White Chocolate Coconut Truffle.
May you grow up to love sweets as much as mommy.


Oh, and you might want to halve this recipe. It makes 64ish truffles. I don't really see a problem with ever having 64 truffles in the house, but I'm told there are people that do.



White Chocolate Coconut Truffles

3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Coconut Extract
1 Bag White Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Mini-Marshmallows
1/2 Cup Coconut, toasted
6-8 squares melting chocolate


In a heavy duty sauce pan, combine milk, sugar and salt.
Over Medium heat, stir constantly for 3-5 Minutes.
When it comes to a boil, shut off heat, and stir in coconut extract, chips, and marshmallows.
Mix very very well until chips and marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is smooth.

Pour into an 8x8 parchment paper lined pan, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until no longer sticky.

To toast your coconut, Just place it in a skillet on the stove top over medium-low heat and stir until lightly browned,

If after the couple hours in the fridge your dough isn't cooperating and is too soft, Mix a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in and then freeze for half an hour and try again.
Keep Hands coated with powder sugar when rolling.
Once all your truffles are rolled, stick them in the freezer again for 30 minutes.
Melt your chocolate, and dip one at a time putting back on the frozen plate. Garnish with toasted coconut or sprinkles!

Chill until you are ready to serve and store in the fridge/freezer!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment