Monday, February 20, 2012

Loaded Banana Bread


Growing up, for a snack my mom would often make me and my brothers 'ants on a log'....I think that's where my love for peanut butter and banana and peanut butter and chocolate came from. Usually, we would just get raisins on our banana log....but sometimes, my dear mother would replace the raisins with chocolate chips.

Lots of them....The more the better. 


This would take it from a healthy, afternoon snack, to a not so healthy snack. (I have a way with words)


But when you're 10, who cares of such things? When you're 21, who cares of such things?


Awhile ago, I saw somewhere in the blog world, this amazing idea of putting chopped Reeses in your Banana Bread. BRILLIANT, I tell you!
But I forgot about it.



UNTIL, that day I had a big bag of Reeses in my cupboard, lots of Peanut Butter, a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips  leftover, and some squishy bananas.

What could be more obvious than to make the best ever loaded, banana bread???



Loaded Banana Bread
Pre-heat oven to 350
Grease a loaf pan.

Combine:
2 Cups flour
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tsp. salt
Set aside.

Beat together:
1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
3 Very ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/3 Cup sour cream
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract

1/2 bag Reeses, halved
1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips
1/2 Cup smooth peanut butter


Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir just until combined.
Fold in your Reeses, Chocolate chips, and swirl in the Peanut butter. 
DON'T OVER MIX!

Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 45- 60 minutes, or cooked through the center, but if a little comes out on your poking device, that's okay cause you still want it to be moist!
I like mine a little gooey, so I did 45 minutes.

Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before dumping out on a wire rack to cool completely.



It's amazing cooled, but even more amazing right when you take it out of the pan-
 Fresh from the oven!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment