Monday, February 6, 2012

Coconut Banana Upside-down Cake


I have about 2 dozen bananas in my kitchen-
and I don't know how it happened...

The good thing is, me and my husband love bananas in our smoothies, I love baking things with bananas-- It's a good thing.

I feel like everyone always makes banana bread, or banana muffins with there left over bananas.
 BOOO-RIIING.

I've had this recipe in my little treasure box of 'recipes I want to try', for occasions such as this...and I don't know why I didn't try it sooner all the other times I had a bazillion left over bananas!!!!

It would be a super breakfast,, morning snack,lunch, afternoon snack, or dessert. But I'm leaning more towards the breakfast idea. It has fruit in it so, It is healthy. Right?!?!

I hope you make this soon. 
Oh, and you should eat it hot out of the oven. But if you don't, that's okay, cause no matter when or how you eat it, it's sooooooo goooooood.



Coconut Banana Upside-Down Cake
Pre-heat oven to 350
Lightly grease a round 8" cake pan.

In an electric mixer, mix together:
1 Cup all purpose four
3/4 Cup sugar
1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
1/4 Cup non-fat dry milk
1 Egg
1/4 Cup applesauce
1/4 Cup sour cream
1/4 Cup water
When they're all combined, turn mixer up to high, and beat for 2 minutes.

For the rest of the cake:
3 Bananas (sliced 1/4" thick)
1 Cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter

Arrange banana slices, covering the bottom of the pan.
Melt butter, and mix in brown sugar, stirring til sugar is dissolved.
Pour brown sugar mixture over bananas.


Spread coconut over brown sugar mixture.
Pour cake- like batter on top of the coconut.



Bake 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. It's okay if some crumbs come out on it though.
Let sit for 5 minutes before inverting onto a plate, and shoving into your pie hole.




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment