Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cranberry Pear Salad



No, I'm not sick.

I just need to share this salad with you, cause it's super delightful and has the best sweet n' salty combo going on. 

I got this cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar from my mom and ever since then, I've been dreaming about ways to use it cause it is soooo good. I want to drink it.
This is one of the ways i've been using it lately...as a salad dressing. Boring, yes. Yummy? Triple yes.
I would highly recommend getting some of this divinity. And you can order it here. Or go to Le Roux next time you're in Portsmouth and get it there. Please???

I didn't measure anything really, but here are approximations. So just have fun and throw everything together how you like it! Cause making salad is so fun.

Cranberry Pear Salad

Spinach (2-3 cups)
Pears (2), very ripe
Pecans, halved (1/4 - 1/3 Cup?) and toasted.
Cranberries (1/3 Cup)
Feta (1/3 Cup - feel free to add more! I love me some cheese.
Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar

Toss Vinegar and spinach together really well, til all the leaves are completely covered. I did a lot.
Cut up the 2 pears into 1/4" slices and toss with spinach, very well.
Lay spinach and pear out on a plate, and sprinkle with toasted pecans, feta and cranberries.
Ta-da!

Super salad.

Enjoy!

Don't worry- I have Twinkie Tiramisu coming up soon.


1 comment:

  1. I was just gonna say that this looks delicious (...and totally something I would love!), but it's not a twinkie dessert!!

    I do love fruit in my salad though. Dried cranberries, chopped apple, strawberries.....YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete