Saturday, June 9, 2012

Butterfinger Nutter Butter Cheesecake Bars


Butterfinger, for whatever reason has to be one of my all time favorite candy bars. I have no idea why seeing as I'm usually an ooey gooey chunks of chocolate kinda person.
I think it may be cause it's just so sweet. I love sugar. Ugh. It's terrible.
Like I only eat cake if the frosting to cake ratio is pretty much even. And if it's not, I settle for the piece with the most decorations and frosting flowers on it. You know, the piece the kids always want. Then I eat the frosting and throw the cake part away...Unless there's ice cream to go with the cake, then I'm more gracious if there is a lack of frosting and I'll eat the whole piece...

I'm not particular!

So anyways, I saw this Butterfinger/Nutter Butter-full recipe on The Farm Girl and almost died from excitement.
I needed these.

You need these.

I made a double batch in a 9x13" pan cause were going to a cookout later....I decided it was probably good to share- I am so weak.



Butterfinger Nutter Butter Cheesecake Bars
Makes a 9x13" pan. If you want to half the recipe, just use a 9x9" pan.
Pre-heat oven to 325, and line your pan with parchment paper, or lightly greased tin foil.


For the crust:

  • 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
  • 1/2 Cup butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
  • 2, 8 oz packages of cream cheese
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. AP flour
  • 12-16 fun sized butterfingers, crushed in a Ziplock bag
Topping:
  • 1 Cup chocolate chips
  • 2 Tbsp. butter/shortening for melting
Grind Nutter Butters in a food processor or blender. If you're doing it in your blender, crush the cookies in 2 batches. Pour in melted butter and pulse a few times to mix.
Press very firmly into prepared pan.
In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together for 1 minute on medium/high, or until fluffy and smooth.
Add in vanilla, eggs and flour.
Fold in crushed butterfingers.
Pour over prepared crust and bake for 24-28 minutes, or until set in the center.
Cool at room temperature, then stick in the freezer for an hour.
After the hour, melt the chocolate chips with butter or shortening in 20 second intervals. 2 should be enough. If you still have a few chips that aren't melted, but the rest is just keep stirring and it will finish melting and become smooth.
Pour over cold cheesecake and freeze again for another hour-ish before removing foil from the pan and cutting into bars.
Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve!



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment