Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chocolate Coconut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies


I keep thinking today is Friday.

Erg.

But, I guess when you're a stay at home mom weekends aren't much different than the week. I just like the sound of them I suppose...
In celebration of the "weekend" I made cookies. I love making cookies. I love eating the dough, my husband loves eating the actual cookies. It's perfect. 
These cookies are wonderful- you will love them- if you love coconut. I never understood non coconut lovers...
You can totally make these without coconut stuff in them though, and I guarantee you will still adore them.



Chocolate Coconut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pre-heat oven to 350.

1 Cup (to sticks butter, softened)
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 1/4 cups AP flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 cup coconut m&m's

Cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes on medium-high.
Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Mix in the cocoa powder and add in the vanilla and coconut extract, and mix until very well blended 
Add in the flour, salt and baking powder all at once, and on low speed mix just until combined.
Fold in the chips, coconut and m&m's.
On a greased baking sheet, drop tablespoon sized balls 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.



Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment